Monday, December 5, 2011

The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne

I have to admit that even though this book took me almost a week to read it -- I loved it. I have to be honest and say that I'm not reading like I used to, I don't know if it's the change of weather or the holiday season.
This is a beautifully written book and tells the story of two spies -- one for England the other for France and how their lives intertwined for twenty-five years. Ms. Bourne's weaves a story that takes you back to their past on how they met to the current time of the story line. Adrian "Hawk" Hawkhurst and Justine " Owl " DeCabrillac two spies who have known each other since they were both young children and each know how the other works and thinks.
When the story opens Owl is on her way to Hawk's house. She is stabbed with a knife that has been poisoned on her way Hawk's residence and she collapses on his doorsteps. Hawk does everything in his power to save Owl and then after Owl gets better the two work together to find out who stabbed her.
This book kept my interest as it has to one of of my best reads of 2011. Although there weren't many love scenes in this book the first time Hawk and Owl make love is so wonderfully written that you can feel ever touch and every kiss.
We've met Hawk in Ms. Bourne's other books in this series and I was hoping that he would get his own story. Now, I'm waiting for Pax to have his own story.

2 comments:

Flybaby said...

Danielle, I know this is out of topic. But I dont know where to contact you. Anyway, have you read For Honor's sake by Connie Mason? Ive been looking for it in a long time. But for some reason no one has uploaded it yet.... :(

Danielle said...

I sorry Flybaby, but I don't remember every reading For Honor's Sake by Connie Mason. I'll have to see if I can find it at the two UBS stores near my house.