Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean‏


This book had me laughing and crying.  I was wondering how Sarah would make Simon likeable -- it took a while but she did.  It was fun seeing Julianna slowly break the ice around Simon's heart. 

Simon and Georgiana were both raised with no love, and always being told that they had a duty. I have to admit that I wanted to slap both of their mothers.  For Simon, it was always acting like Duke and never causing any scandal to his family.   God help him if he didn't follow
everything to a T.
  
The best part of this book -- watching Simon slowly melt and not wanting to be perfect.  Poor Juliana, when her mother came back and didn't know that she was in the room, then proceeded to  denounce her father. My heart died a little bit with hers, along with the scene in the barn that brought tears to my eyes. 

I love this book and didn't want to see it end.  I wish Juliana would have more lives.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Georgiana and Benedick each get their own story.

eBook received from Net Galley for an honest review

No comments: