Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just Us Thinking

As I sit here and type this I'm thinking why am I not reading??? For some reason I don't know what it is but I would rather play a game on the computer, surf the web or aggravate my husband then pick up a book. Don't get me wrong I still love reading it's just that lately I haven't been in the mood. I start a book and put it down , pick it up and put it down. Either a book grabs me from the very beginning or I do the book shuffle.

I've had this discussion with Debra a couple of times and some of my reasons are:
1. Books are no longer exciting -- are they all politically correct!??!

2. I've been reading for so many years that I can almost tell what's going to happened?


3. My expectations are too high -- quite a few times I've been waiting for a book to come out only to be disappointed. Why? Is it because the the second book isn't as good as the first? The heroine is TSTL? The hero is too over top being a alpha hero?


4. Have I as a reader become to jaded?
Spring is coming which means here in the Midwest warm weather.

After being cooped up in the house all winter I can't wait to sit in my Cleopatra chair reading or going for afternoon walks.
I guess you can almost call this a "reading" slump but for me how long will it continue to last!


Debra says****** I think we all go through reading slumps for one reason or another. I know for me that I have a had a few. I have found that when I have a real bad slump I go back to the oldies but goodies!! The books that weren't PC, that were just fun to read. Books that I really enjoyed and have reread so many times that they they are falling apart. I don't even have to read the whole book, I can just read parts of the book and be happy. After reading a few of those I am now ready to read a book again.



Teri Says.....I have been reading books that I am loving!  It's just that spring finally arrived, after the winter from hell and I have been out doing yard work, uncovering the gardens, and watching my crocus bloom!  It's my favorite time of year, and if I can stay awake long enough at night, I will read.  So right now it's a time thing for me.  I have so many good books laying around right now that it's hard to decide what to read next.  Dani, now be honest - you're having too much fun with your new iPad!  You aren't foolin' me!  

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yes, I am Teri! Especially playing video poker and slots!

Lisa Jo said...

Yes, reading slumps suck! lol But the plus side is....it has to end sometime!

Lisa