Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Guy Next Door

I usually enjoy reading anthology but this book left me wondering why 2 out of the 3 stories were written. The Lori Foster book was the best story out of the three, my least favorite was the Victoria Dahl book. Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster The h/h were very two complex characters. The heroine never knowing the love and getting hurt once before --- I wanted to see a little more development with her. Jett -- more about his past? His relationship with his sisters was fun to read. This story was more or less Jett trying to get Natalie to want more in their relationship instead "bed partners." Gail's Gone Wild by Susan Donovan Once again the h/h have both been burnt in the past. The hero more recently than the heroine. What bothered me about this book was Gail brought along her teenage daughter and friend with to Key West and once they got there -- it was OK, honey have a good time. Jesse is a famous writer and Gail has no clue who he is --- Hello -- everywhere they went he was well known and well liked -- wouldn't a bell go off in Gail's head. On top of all of this Gail is a Literature Professor. The storyline wrapped up to fast. Just One Taste by Victoria Dahl This book just made me mad!!! I read romance for a HEA and this book did not have it -- whether or not I would buy the next book in this series remains to be seen. The fact that the h/h did not have a HEA almost wanted me to throw the book across the room. I think I'm really upset that I have to wait until November when Eric and Beth finally find their HEA with their own long story -- why bother writing this tease? All in all this book was a quick read and I would give this book a C/hot+++ Received eBook from Netgalley.com

No comments: