Saturday, March 26, 2011

Just Us Thinking!

The other day I was on the phone talking to Teri about what I was going to write about this week. I never realized it was so hard to do a blog -- God Bless everyone who does one daily because it is hard work! Kudos! Now for my thoughts. Drum roll please! Why in books don't the hero and heroines in contemporaries ever used the bathroom except for showering and brushing their teeth? Have you ever noticed that the heroine usually wears barely there underwear and the hero usually doesn't wear underwear? The heroine usually has her hair in a ponytail or braid. When I was working (with the public) I very seldom saw any female 20 somethings with their hair in a ponytail or braid. The hero is never really middle class and always has an endless supply of money. But my biggest HUH!!! No matter how many girlfriends the hero has had, the heroine's kisses always knocks him off his feet and she always fits so perfectly under is chin! That's it for now but I'm sure I can think of more! *******Debra says..... Well, after I stopped laughing I to got to thinking about what Danielle said and realized she was right!! The women always have on the sexy underwear, he doesn't have any on or he has on boxer briefs, or black silk boxers. I have never meet a man that wears black silk boxers! Then I got to thinking about women and ponytails, and I see very few women with ponytails, let alone all the women have this long hair, and the men love the long hair. What is with men and long hair?? I don't get it. The other thing that bugs me is the first time that a hero and heroine do it and she is a virgin, it is always perfect and she can go all night long. It is just so wonderful and he is so perfect!! I have only ever read one book when after they did it for the first time she said "this is it?" and he answers "it gets better"; her response is "I hope so." And lets not get into the man always having the raincoat, so he can have safe sex. I even read one book where they are in the middle of the desert, running from the bad people, about to have sex and he says he has a condom, because he taught to always be prepared so he always packed them in his survival kit. He made me think of a boy scout. But then these are books are a work of fiction and if I wanted the real thing I could read non fiction, but then what fun would that be!!! *****Teri says **Snort** Debra, that couple hightailing it through the desert, were they on a camel ? That scenario really was a stretch of my imagination, as was another book where they were doing it on the Harley, while the hero was driving the damn thing! Anyone ever heard the saying "donor bike"? Some scenarios of where they do the deed crack me up, along with all of the afore mentioned things too. Just how many times can you do it against the wet tile while the water sloshes down on you without falling and breaking your neck? Sooner or later, the law of averages is sure to catch up with you. So you see Dani, we're right back to that bathroom stuff again. I think in the world of perfect romancelandia, people don't go to the bathroom, or have other bodily functions that make you go eeeewwww. However, if it's a well written suspense/crime story, most authors don't have issues letting the gore come out to play. 

1 comment:

Jan Jaffe said...

You Ladies made my day!!!
All you said was so true..
It keeps us going.